This position has been filled. Thank you to everyone who applied!!!
- Create props, architecture, terrain, as well as textures and materials.
- Collaborate with the art team to design levels.
- Collaborate with designers when new features are being discussed and added.
- Optimization of assets to meet performance requirements.
- Ability to adapt to changes in projects, and a desire to learn and use a variety of different hardware and software related to games and technology.
- Proficiency in Unity game engine.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency as an Environment Artist.
- Self-driven with good communication skills.
- Understanding of Maya, Photoshop, Mudbox, Z-brush or equivalent.
Day to Day
Shattered Might is a 2.5d platformer, so day to day tasks are primarily building custom assets, researching and improving shaders, and building testable level layouts. We also work closely with the team at Helios Interactive. While Shattered Might is our focus, we often assist them in creation of 3d assets, environments, animations, and design. There may be a project in pitch phase that needs some discovery and research into seeing if an ask is feasible. There may be a project in the pipeline that needs some 3d assets or research.
- 1 or more years of professional experience.
- Knowledge of texturing programs like Substance
- Understanding of PBR material creation and rendering.
- A passion for video games, and a lot of experience playing across different genres and platforms.
- Experience using Jira, or other forms of sprint based agile development.
Seeking experienced developer / game designer for immediate contract to hire – onsite in our San Francisco office.
- 2+ years experience creating Unity experiences
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of working with 3D space and assets
- Solid understanding of Unity asset workflow
- 3-4 years professional programming experience with, C# or C++
No immediate openings.
Why work at Livid?
All positions start on a 3 to 6 month contract basis then transition to full time.
Full time benefits include:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K plan
- Health, vision and dental plans
- Profit sharing of released titles
- Catered lunches at our office in San Fransisco